Happy Friday everyone!
As our community of gilded souls grows, we get more and more questions about building a blog, a blogging community, and just what goes into blogging in general! While we’ll be writing more posts about specific aspects of blogging too (making a profit, affiliate links, what kind of content attracts the most readers) the best place to start – especially for newbie bloggers is with all the FREE resources out there!
Good news: the blogging community is one of the most supportive communities out there. When we all share our tips and tricks with each other, we ALL become better bloggers and the entire community grows. Because of this mindset, there are so many free resources available to new (and seasoned) bloggers. You don’t need a computer science or marketing degree to be a successful blogger – you can learn most of the secrets to success from your couch or bed!
When you’re just getting started and you don’t have an endless amount of money to spend, it’s easy to feel intimidated or limited in options. However, there are loads more resources available to all bloggers! Here are our favorites!
- Pinterest – if there was a meeting place for all bloggers, I feel like Pinterest would be it. This is where the majority of bloggers list links to their informative posts! Not only can you find how-to’s, but you can find checklists, success stories, step-by-step guides, printables and more.
- Bloglovin’ – consider Bloglovin’ an Instagram for blogs. You can sync it to your WordPress account so every post is also published onto Bloglovin’! This makes it super easy to expand your exposure on another platform. I really love the ability to curate collections on different types of posts, like travel, fashion, holiday, etc. The community on Bloglovin’ is super supportive and I’ve found some of my favorite blogs just by scrolling through the site.
- MailChimp – when building your blogging community, it’s important to have a way to keep contact with the people who enjoy your content. MailChimp is a free email subscription service that does just that. I honestly can’t believe that MailChimp is free, considering how helpful and amazing it is. It allows you to build those important email lists by using pop-up features or page features, then you can segment your campaigns, and receive thorough analytics about who is receiving and opening your emails.
- MommyOnPurpose – Unlike other blogs that try to simplify the blogging process and push their affiliate links onto you, Carly gives it to you straight up. The post I’ve linked is probably the most helpful/encouraging blogging post for new (and seasoned!) bloggers. She gives you realistic timelines and income expectations, all while encouraging you that you can do this!
- Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook – When you’re trying to build up your blog following and audience, there’s no such thing as too much exposure. And the best thing about all of these platforms is that they are completely FREE! You absolutely should have your blog on social media if your goal is to build your audience and eventually make a profit. All of these sites help to increase traffic and reach a broader audience – without you having to pay a cent! Instagram is especially helpful because lots of brands are comfortable reaching out through the DM feature!
So there you have it! I hope this gives you all a place to start. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be digging deeper into social media marketing, growing audiences, etc. and sharing what our experience has been so far, plus our plans to increase traffic.
If you want first-hand access to these things, click on the MailChimp link to join our mailing list and officially join the GildedTwenties family!
Madi and The Gilded Twenties Team
Gilded Twenties is a lifestyle blog designed for twenty-somethings. If you liked this post and would like to follow our adventures, you can click below to subscribe to the blog or click here to check out more posts.
If you want more tips and tricks to college success, relationship advice, inexpensive decorating ideas, and more, delivered right to your inbox, you can sign up for our newsletter here.
For additional information about the blog and our team, click here.